Are you aware?
When presenting Berkley Industrial Comp’s products, do you know who your audience is? Beyond the vague term “audience” is a particular group to whom our product is aimed.
Berkley Industrial Comp desires to be the premier provider of workers’ compensation insurance to the high hazard industries of construction, mining, manufacturing, and logistics. However, each of these industries comprises a different core customer segment. We hope our product solves one problem many high-risk industries face: adequate and affordable insurance coverage for employees.
However, you must understand how this problem affects each of your clients and potential clients. Only then can you effectively offer solutions.
- Who is your core customer segment? Do you prefer to specialize in one of these fields? i.e. Agents with a construction background already have a keen understanding of a construction company’s needs, therefore developing trust.
- What are the socioeconomic demographics of your potential clients? Are their employees high wage earners with families? Or single individuals?
- What makes each business you pursue unique?
- What specific needs does each client or potential client have? Common needs may include communication, payroll, risk management, or safety training.
Are you prepared?
Familiarizing yourself with Berkley Industrial Comp’s history and niche will enable you to tailor our company’s offerings to best meet your client’s needs. We specialize in the three H’s: highly skilled, high wage earners with high severity jobs.
When you know your audience, you can effectively prepare yourself to:
- Explain how you can meet the needs of a particular company.
- Change your approach to accommodate each different business.
- Hold focus sessions with clients to determine needs and ask for feedback.
- Listen to your client’s wants and concerns.
- Use the most effective communication outlet for each client.
- Build a strong relationship with each client.
Berkley Industrial Comp difference
When you know your audience well, you will know the Berkley Industrial Comp characteristics that most appeal to their needs. We pride ourselves on offering a small family feel with big company resources. We strive to offer products and services that will best meet each of the unique requirements of our high hazard clients. Consider describing our RESOLUTION Team, our easy payroll deduction program, or specialized programs such as Take Courage, our cognitive-behavioral therapy pain management program.
Berkley Industrial Comp is different from other offerings in this industry because, in addition to our nearly thirty years of experience, we bring resources and build relationships that help our clients protect and provide for their employees. Since relationship is the heart of our company, we offer resources such as R.A.M.P (Risk Assessment Management and Prevention) who work with the insured on-site and truly understand each business.
Think about what you are really selling anytime you meet with a client: protection for their employees and business. We do not merely insure clients for workers’ compensation packages. We develop relationships in order to provide personalized compensation for businesses and employees.
Understanding your audience will lead you to more effective sales strategies. When you close a deal you begin a partnership. At the end of the day, we all want relationships, not claims, to be the forefront of our service.
Berkley Industrial Comp is pleased to share this material with its customers. Please note, however, that nothing in this document should be construed as legal advice or the provision of professional consulting services. This material is for general informational purposes only, and while reasonable care has been utilized in compiling this information, no warranty or representation is made as to accuracy or completeness.