The R.A.M.P. Team (Risk Assessment, Management, & Prevention) will be launching a year-long safety initiative highlighting the Top 10 Most Frequent Cited OSHA violations.
OSHA’s “Top 10” list provides employers with valuable insight into not only where they may be cited but also where there is a high potential for a workplace incident. It is important to recognize that many injuries and fatalities are preventable. The list varies very little each year, making it good to refresh employees annually and mitigate injuries.
The team will tackle one violation per month, beginning with Fall Protection in February. Each violation highlight will be coupled with a plethora of safety materials. Through these measures, we hope to help employers decrease violations and keep their employees safe all year long. The schedule of highlights are as follows:
- February – Fall Protection
- March – Hazard Communication
- April – Scaffolding
- May – Lockout/Tagout
- June – Respiratory Protection
- July – Ladders
- August – Industrial Trucks
- September – Fall Protection Training
- October – Machinery and Machine Guarding
- November – Eye and Face Protection